Friday, June 3, 2011

Can it already be that 8 months have flown by?

Well, here I am 8 months later with the little love of my life!  Carter has grown and changed so much!  He has me cracking up multiple times a day with his funny little personality.  He has me sweating multiple times a day (haha) with his continued activeness- we rarely have a still moment.  He is full of curiousity and a love for life! We are constantly coming up with new games and new things to explore.  For example, playing ball with our "friend" in the reflection or playing with pots and pans in the kitchen.

He was trying to play with his reflection!  :)

A love for reading

So joyful

Watching the water fall Daddy made very carefully
At 8 months Carter now has 4 teeth (2 top and 2 bottom) and another top tooth growing in right beside it.  He is mouth obsessed!  Everything belongs in his mouth-including all food he sees.  He has an appetite that competes with mine! ;)  I still make his baby food and we are still just on fruits and veggies.  I'm about to give in and hand over some pureed meat (sounds appealing right?)  Bleh....  But, along with that he eats small chunks of certain foods like bananas, the gerber dissolvable snacks, etc.  I'm excited to get him started on all kinds of "people food".  :)   We just got back from a visit with our Pennsylvania family and my sis in law allows her 9 month old to eat nearly everything we eat---and he LOVED it!  Carter seemed a bit bummed he didn't get to indulge too, although Jonathon sure did try to share his corn on the cob!  What a sweet cousin.  Watching Johnny eat everything made me really excited to get C started too!  Along with the increase in "people food" we are weaning from nursing too.  I will be done by July when Zach and I go to Belize with our best friends, Cody and Sarah.  With the teeth, Carter's lessening attention span, and just wanting to get my body back, it'll be a good thing.  I'll be sad a bit, but I know we have to get there sometime anyway!  He's doing good with the bottle for now, but I'm going to try to get him onto a cup instead.

Ice cream?  YES PLEASE!
Carter is very close to crawling.  Ohhhh is he close!  He is pushing up, putting one hand out, then falling down, immediately pushing back up and trying again.  It won't be long. He has gotten good at crawling backwards though.  He does this quite often.  Does this count as crawling?  I'm realllllly excited for when he's mobile!....and scared haha!  He is already such a mover, he can't sit still.  He wants to see everything and get into everything so I can only imagine what a few weeks from now will be like.  I'll let you know!  Right now he gets his way around by scooting, turning, etc.  He goes anywhere he wants- he's so determined.  He loves being in his walker and explores all corners of the house including his bedroom, the bathroom, the kitchen cabinets (at least the ones without child locks), the laundry room- one of his faves! :)  He is thrilled to see it all!


Bulldog face while trying to crawl

So determined

Helping (un)hang laundry!
Though he is very, did I mention VERY active, he is great about playing on his own too.  Yesterday I had some organizing to do in his room so I provided him with some toys and a box and he played for about 45 minutes before demanding some Mommy time!  But, to be honest...I LOVE those Mommy breaks where he just wants me! :)

Doing good playing and exploring on his own

He is kissing me (intentionally) all the time now and ooooooo does it melt my heart.  Even funnier though is that he knows it does.  Right after a kiss he looks at me with a huge smile and a cute little (ah-haaa) laugh  letting me know he knows he can get away with anything after that.  He is quite the flirt.  He knows how to work his smiles and cuteness for anyone.  Oh, is he precious!
He has had his first plane ride now and he did great.  We even were delayed and he stayed even tempered and he did take a nap on the plane too.  He's a great little travel buddy.  He loves people so the plane was fun for him to watch all the passengers board and flirt with the ones sitting behind us.  He loves to play with kids too.  He's thrilled to see someone his size.  He has a blast playing with his cousins (both in TX and PA). 
He really is such a joy and I love every month, every day truly more and more with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment