Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day: My Husband

This is officially the celebration of Zach's first Father's Day!!  We celebrated last year because he was already a father, but this one is special because he has his little son here to love on him and remind him of what a blessing he is to Carter!
I have been blown away watching Zach so easily take on the role of Daddy.  He was made for this!  Zach is a very loving man towards family and that is just magnified with his son!  It is very apparent that he would do anything in the world for the safety and well being of Carter.  Carter will grow up feeling overwhelmingly loved, supported, and encouraged. 

Daddy gives Carter lots of kisses and love
As soon as we found out we were pregnant, we began imagining our future life with our little one.  Many men (and women, honestly) freak out at least at some point of the up coming reality that will be their lives.  Zach never had one of those moments, or if he did, he never showed an ounce of fear or nervousness.  He was elated!  Every conversation was filled with joy when discussing our son and parenting and how our child will grow up.  Zach said from the beginning he was going to be a very involved Dad and he wanted his child(ren) to know that they were the most important part of his life (....besides me of course hehehe). 

Loving on Carter before he's even here
In labor and delivery, Zach showed characteristics that were very telling of how he would father.  He encouraged me the whole way through reminding of the good that was going to be our outcome.  It got tough in there and he stayed very positive and focused on helping me through it.  Zach is already like this with Carter.  Each little milestone that Carter moves towards, Zach is there rooting him on and encouraging him.  Every night when he gets home, he practices walking with Carter, he watches him get better and better at crawling and is genuinely excited at his growth.  He plays with Carter and finds himself doing extremely silly things to get a smile out of him. 

First moment with his son

Taking his baby boy home
I've mentioned before the bed time routine that we do which is bath, feed, story, bed.  Zach has been a part of that every single night (that he's been in town).  He is commited to being there for Carter and being in Carter's childhood memories.  He doesn't even do it out of "I just know I've said I'm going to" kind of mindset, but he is excited to do it!  There have even been nights when friends or family have been over and I've told Zach that he can be with them while I do bedtime and he always says no!  I want to do it too.  :)  Not only that, he makes it fun and exciting for Carter by playing bath games with him or singing goofy songs to make Carter smile.  He is amazing with him.

Zach flying Carter and zooming him into kisses!
I think one of the greatest things is just how Zach wants to be such a big part of his life.  He shares the parenting duties with me to his greatest ability and I couldn't imagine being in any different situation.  I couldn't imagine not having him here to help with every task and decision.  Granted, there are many times that he lets me decide how we should schedule or handle certain things, but he is always ready to share ideas of what we could do or try and he is always there to be a part of implementing them! He always tells me he doesn't care what he's doing with Carter, he loves every opportunity to be with him.  This works out great for me when I've been battling a nap fighting kiddo and would love a break.  It's not the most fun moment to spend with our little love but Zach jumps on the opportunity to tackle naptime because it gives him another moment with his lil man!  He is joyful in every thing he does with Carter.
I love being in the kitchen cleaning, or upstairs, and hearing Zach and Carter playing.  It usually fills the house with giggles and "yay's" and excitement!  I know they have a blast together and their relationship will only grow stronger through the years.

Snuggles before nap time!  Carter is fascinated by Daddy's nose.
Something that is precious to me is that Zach LOVES dressing him and Carter alike.  It's not like they wear exact matching outfits, but he loves to coordinate them in either colors or patterns!  It's pretty cute!  He used to love playing superman with Carter when he was littler and fly him through the house.  He loves any firsts he can do with Carter, like experiencing his first snow, feeding him his first foods, watching his first moves.

Dressed like Daddy for Christmas

C's first snow!

Daddy feeding C peassss!  ewww


Carter watching his Daddy at his baby dedication
 Zach is a wonderful Daddy and our little one is soooo lucky!  He has the smartest, most loving, most hardworking Daddy to grow up with and that's a blessing.
And I'm sure lucky to have this man by my side as we experience life together and parenting!  What a rock he is for me!  I love you Babe!! :)  Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! You are so lucky to have a husband (as I do) that enjoys these baby years!

    ReplyDelete