Monday, March 21, 2011

Girlfriends and Baby Food: A Delicious Weekend

Friday began in the best of ways.  Zach came home early, which gave us some good family time before I left for my girls night.  My high school girls are so special.  We've all been close since junior high or high school and still to this day, after graduating 10 years ago (almost) we are still (even more) close.  In fact, I would say some of those friendships have grown stronger or deeper since then.  We've gone through so many different life events and still managed to maintain such a special connection- I mean we turn to eachother through all of those moments.  Girlfriends (the truest kind) lift eachother up and support eachother.  They make eachother laugh.  They stand by eachother when everyone else turns away.  They make you laugh until you cry.  They cry with you.  (That's what I thought of when I was thinking of my friends).  My girlfriends are all of that and more.  All of us are married, many of us are moms, some of us are almost moms....and we still have our girls nights when we can.  It's so much fun too how conversations have evolved.  In high school it was what to wear, where to go, who to date.  Now it's (what to wear ;) ), husband stories, tips on baby care, where to travel, and of course memories from our past--which I must say are hilarious!  I must thank our husbands as well for taking the kiddos, or being willing to spend a night on their own while we play.  Thank you guys! :)  We met in Grapevine at Esparza's, which is in an old converted house and is adorable.  We gabbed and gabbed at our round table-literally.  Then headed to a wine bar for a glass.  It was so refreshing to be with my girls.  I love them all!  This will hopefully start happening more often than every few months!!!  It's refreshing.


Back to my reality.  Home to my two guys!  This is my perfect reality.  The girls night is good little "get away" for me time.  But home with my guys is where I belong.  The highlight of Saturday was letting Carter try his carrots.  I put a video of him eating his bananas first for a good comparison.  If you only watch one, watch the second (the carrots).  Does he like them?  Here are the videos.


I am having so much fun watching him go through these stages.  And I get a kick outta him not enjoying some of those foods....mean mom moment?  Hardly...right,?  That's just pure funny.  I couldn't stop laughing.  I didn't do the carrots justice in the length of recording.  I should have continued because the gagging went on for a few more minutes.  By the time he got to the sweet potato, he was just telling Mommy and Daddy off.  He was mad that we were giving him yet another orange colored food.  He talked through the entire thing.  :)



Sunday was a beautiful day with our family.  We love going over to my sister and brother in laws.  It's always fun with the kids.  And yes, the big back yard is a bonus!  The men play horseshoes, the babies swing, nap, play on the blanket, and the women gab away watching all the fun going on around us (well, we're having our own fun too of course! :)
Another great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. These are the days my friend :-) I wish I had had blogging when my kids were babies, what a great way to chronicle your life! Carter is adorable and every now and then I see a little bit of the Pohl side in him, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete