Monday, March 28, 2011

The Zoo

Wednesday was a perfect day for the zoo!!!  It was sunny, 75, and clear skies.  My sister has a zoo pass so on half off Wed., it is basically free for her to bring us along!  Thanks Christi!!  :) 
Mom showed up with Starbucks in hand for us 3 girls- my perfect way to start the day.   With Carter and Landon strapped on to us girls and Kenadi in Gigi's arms, we began our zoo extravaganza at opening (10 AM ). 


I think this is the best time to go because all of the animals are active!  It makes it so fun for the kids to see them moving and grooving.  Especially Kenadi who gets so excited. She recognizes the animals and imitates them too.  Here she is being an elephant...


And showing us what flamingos do...

 The boys are starting to be interested in the sights and sounds.  In fact, Carter squealed for a good 10 minutes walking through.  I wonder if it was because he was mocking the animal sounds he heard?  :)  I will say though, to have an 18 pound excited child with flailing legs strapped on sure does do a number on the ol back!!  Dunno if I'll be able to carry him that way much longer- at least when he is all pumped up!  I think with all his kicking, he was going to power off the carrier and those lil running legs would lead him running through the zoo.  I guess this is insight into what's to come when he can walk!!  I might have to become one of those mommas with a leash haha....doubt it.  BUT I will have to have eyes all over my head.
The most fun is just hanging out together and watching the kids interact and having some adult conversation with my special girls!!!  I love zoo days! 
The boys are interested in eachother....hey look!  Someone my size!  And Kenadi is always so sweet with both of them.  She loves on them all the time, and lets us know if one is crying or has a dirty diaper.  She makes a sound like (geerlgeeerllllgeee).  Can you hear that as you read it?  :)

What does YOUR skin feel like?


In conversation
We stopped to have our picnic lunch at the zoo too and it was a blast!  Carter sang to us....

The boys learned to share and play with eachother nicely....

And Kenadi ate her fruit with me.  :)


She even wanted to kiss on the boys during diaper changes! :)

Gigi snuggled and loved on the kids!
It was a great day!

He's interested in something that might have surprised him.  :)

Gigi took K exploring he animals

This lil munchkin is so sweet!  I love my nephew!
Hiners
love
I sure am hoping this becomes an every Wednesday tradition...before it gets too hot in Texas!

1 comment:

  1. The zoo is great for kids, so much for them to see and take in! Plus it's always great exercise too! Tell Christin that last pic of her and the kids is great- she should frame it!!

    ReplyDelete